Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Make :: Stuffies

I checked out a book from the bookmobile last week called Sewing School :: 21 Sewing Projects Kids Will Love to Make by Amie Petronis Plumley & Andria Lisle.  I didn't know if the book was more for Grady or myself.  When G perused the book, he quickly selected the project he wanted to work on - Stuffies - and I set out to collect muslin, batting, felt & other supplies he would need in order to complete this project.











He illustrated, colored in with crayons, ironed/set the color, threaded the needle and began sewing a whipstitch with supplies gifted to him by our neighbor, Beula.  He stuffed it with batting and kept saying sweet things like I can't believe I"m actually making this!   


He was very proud of his very own Hobbes creation and can't wait to make others for his friends this xmas.

Gentle reminder:  Buy handmade this holiday season or from an independent store/merchant.  Better yet, make something yourself.  What could be better?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...