Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Full Moon, Dancing & Parenting 101



We had the most beautiful full moon last week, as well as a gorgeous sunset.  The best of both.  Steve was out in the yard finishing up the chicken coop (all we need now are the chicks) and I tried to capture it, but this image just doesn't do it justice.  We called down to Scott & Jill in the hopes they could glimpse it too.  Sweet evening at the Ponderosa.


My mom's birthday was this week and I made her this little care package of dinner, dessert, homemade bread and a bottle of pinot noir.  What more could a girl ask for?  She was in the process of moving and moving is NEVER fun.  Especially for my mom, as she is the Queen of Everything (or Miss Knick-Knack Paddy-Whack as I like to call her).  She possesses lots of stuff that she loves and no place to put it all.  She could open a Linens-n-Things storefront.  I'm.  Not.  Kidding.  Anywho, I wanted to do something nice for her because moving sucks and I didn't help her much.  Feeding people makes me feel good and now I know it gets me out of manual labor too.


Grady's first baseball practice was this week and was to be a father-son affair.  I went to town to run errands and discovered that I had both of the car seats and it was too late to get back home and get G to practice in time.  He was SO disappointed.  My mommy-guilt kicked into high gear and I decided to take him to the Valley Ford Hotel to listen to Arann Harris and do a little dancing.  My kid was wound-up tight and grooved it out on the dance floor (video above and he's in the white shirt).  Consequently, he's been telling everyone he sees that he missed his first "real" baseball practice because my mom forgot my carseat, etc., etc., etc...(ouch, it all hurt).

On a happier note, when I was out driving around enjoying the scenery that night and running errands, I ran across an Orowheat wholesale store in Cotati.  It was a pastry wonderland and I left with muffins, pita, flour(s) for my new breadmaker, jams & boxes of Entemann's pastries.  Carb-overload.  All was not lost that evening.



Grady decided to pull a few of his books about dogs and make a collection on his bed.  This is just a small sampling of what he has and it made me smile.  I love his passion for the things he loves.  Dogs, farm animals, books, bottle caps, seaglass, rocks, pink markers, t-shirt of the week and nature in general.   We are going to pull a collection of Spring books this week, as well as research and select the chicks we are going to welcome into our family.  Big week coming up - stay tuned.

G received his report card and was so proud of himself for making improvements and strides in several areas he's been working on.  We celebrated with a banana split and all was right with the world.

Top 3 Grady Vacation Requests for this Summer:
  1. Antarctica (to help save the polar bears before it's too late);
  2. Hawaii (and could he please bring Jack & Harry); and
  3. The desert where dingoes live (Australia).
I've been very inspired to create and work on projects lately and reading a few of the blogs referenced in the blog roll below. One of them is  Amanda Soule.  She is a stay-at-home, working mother with four children (and she home-schools them) and is quite amazing.  She has two books out right now and seems like such a wonderful person.  Check out her blog if that kind of person inspires you, too.

Have a great week.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...