Friday, July 12, 2013

Summer 2013 :: Day 29

Last Day of Summer Academy
Grady, age 10
:: Still researching how to get to Alaska this summer and hoping to rendezvous with this lady and her family!

:: Realizing how much I love Instagram and the new friendships created through this form of social media.  Just when I think I'm too old to make new friends, I go and make new friends with mamas I've never actually met.  And, I like them very, very much.

:: Grady completed his three week summer academy, with a focus on animal anatomy & art.  He didn't complain once about getting up and going in, but he is relieved he can sleep in tomorrow.

:: Field trip with the Gorans today to Falcon Spirits.  The kids learned how to distill mint and concocted their own recipe for mint-infused lemonade.  The adults sipped Botanica gin, toured the facility and we were served a beautiful, delicious Mercy Mercy (my new favorite cocktail).  I can't wait to replicate at home.

:: Dinner at the colorful and tasty Tacubaya in Berkeley.  Note to self - get the churros next time!

:: Field trip to Ledger's Liquors to acquire a bottle of the small production Botanica gin that we sampled earlier in the day.  This store was AMAZING.  Been around since 1935 and has anything and everything you could want.

:: Felt good to get out of town for us country dwellers.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...