Monday, September 22, 2014

My Essay on Mamalode Today!






Late one night, after months of fine-tuning, I hit the submit button on the Mamalode website and sent a soul-baring essay through the internet ether about how I left my first husband.

I started this essay in outline format when I attended the Write Doe Bay workshop this past April.  Sharing a cabin and communal space with all of these brave, creative souls really did a number on me.  Hearing their stories, listening to the lyrics of their songs and absorbing the truth in their poetry cracked me wide open emotionally.  Reeling from that experience in the days and weeks that followed, I had a flood of material that came to the surface and needed to get out of my head and onto a blank page.

You can find my essay entitled I Left My Husband Like a Country-Western Song today on Mamalode by clicking here.  Be sure to click on the song at the bottom of the essay, too.

And while writing about my ex-husband might seem odd to some, I realized through the process that I wasn't writing about him.  I was writing about me.  If I hadn't gone through that experience, I would never have the life I have now.

I was nourishing my soul when I left and I'm nourishing it now as I share my story and move on.

Thanks for taking the time to read my words.

1 comment:

Nicolette Gawthrop said...

So great! I'll head over and read your essay. Just wanted to say- Yay! to you for breaking out of that shell!

xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...