Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Spring Finds, Fish Fest & Hecht Sr. Visit

Hit the thrift stores with my mom at the beginning of last week and hit the jackpot (or so I think).  Lovely vintage silk pillow case that I will use as a small table cloth $2, fantastic orange shoes for $9, vintage silver and rhinestone pin $8, turquoise (brand new) purse from Nieman Marcus $8, brand new, never been worn, Sperry Top Sider boots at 50% off for a grand total of $17.50, vintage Oklahoma mug for 50 cents and my favorite find...yellow cast iron skillet w/ lid made in Belgium for $4.  I was on a thrift store high for days.  I also scored a hard plastic pool for Grady from the St. Vincent de Paul in Rhonert Park for a whopping $5.  The Easter Bunny is going to deliver that treasure this weekend.  Aside from all of the fantastic and interesting (and funny) things I have been finding at vintage stores, I have really enjoyed the hunt and time spent with Steve, Grady or my mom while searching the thrift stores.  I also purchased a few clothing items for G, Steve found some shirts and it feels really good not to be purchasing something brand new that had to be made just for me.  Reuse, repurpose, recycle...now repeat after me...

Steve's dad was here for the weekend festivities of Fisherman's Festival 2009.  The father-son duo shared a bulldog or two (made with Hecht secret-family Kahlua recipe) and we ate, drank and were merry all weekend long.

Grady loves Fish Fest.  He danced, walked a dog in the pet parade, visited the Marine Mammal Center so much that I thought he was stalking the volunteers, did spin art, grabbed as much free garb as he could (as pictured above), danced some more, hung out with his friends and when asked where to go next?  Probably the wine booth.  He was given lots of yummy orange juice, minus the sparkling wine.  He enjoyed every second if his six-hour tour of duty on Saturday.  What childhood memories are made of.


Grady and his partners in crime, Isabella & Sophia after acquiring their candy necklaces, of course.

Grady painted a lovely wedding present for Arann  & Paige this week, as pictured above.

Grady finally agreed to have his hair cut.  I thought I wanted the shaggy mane cut, but after it happened...it made me kind of sad for his lovely, long locks.  He looks so much older now.  It is only hair and he can grow it back, but feels a little sad as we're approaching his sixth birthday at the end of the month.  Everyone said is would fly by and they were right.

Here is a little video snipet of Isabella and Grady dancing at Fish Fest last weekend.  It made me smile and I hope it does the same for you.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Aw... I miss fish fest, and think O. would love hangin with G. Just thinkin of you guys, and a looking for a little bodega nostalgia fix.

xoxoox
Amy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...