Wednesday, May 26, 2010

For Love of the Game

G ended his Little League season this past weekend, hitting a double and two singles and getting as many grass stains on his pants as he could.  He collected his trophy, ate pizza, performed a Pee-Wee Herman dance on first base and acquired a new nickname - Grady "The Hit Man" Hecht.  He wants to drop Salas as his middle name and asked me if that would be okay with me.  Sure, why not?  He has high hopes for the big leagues.

I'm so proud of him and how much he's learned these last few months.  It was touch-and-go there in the beginning with the short attention spans of a gaggle of seven year old boys, but they came through and I guess we'll do it all over again next Spring.

I just hope the snack bar starts selling Cadillac margaritas.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...