Saturday, May 1, 2010

M.I.A.

Well, after a full year of raising chickens one went missing today.  We were in the yard mowing & pulling weeds and our little flock of chickens were scratching the earth for bugs and following us around on a sunny, Saturday afternoon.  We got ready to go to G's game and put the girls back into their run and one was missing.  The little one pictured above, Roamer.

The white silkies are fiercely independent, like to brood and nest.  I just thought she was lost in the weeds sitting on her eggs.  I live in a fantasy world.  I came home and walked to upper field and our field, too.  No white silkie to be found.  I am hopeful that she will return to the flock.  Steve and Grady are not so sure...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...