Saturday, July 31, 2010

Glass Full

On this last day of the month, I wanted to reflect on what a full and wonderful month it has been.  Every little bit has been so very summery, if you will.  So I'm going to do a little list of life's happenings and help myself to remember these special days of summer.

::  Fireworks
::  Road Trip
::  Impromptu Dinner Parties
::  Hunter-Gatherer Camp
::  BBQ's with friends
::  Golf & Tennis Camp
::  Homemade lime curd
::  Farmer's Market
::  Roadside Beauty (Queen Anne's Lace, Wild Dill & Sweet Peas)
::  Hay Fields
::  Netflix marathons
::  Library visits
::  Dandelion fields
::  Tending the garden
::  Birthday Parties
::  Marine Mammal Center Seal Release
::  Visits to Pastures Preschool
::  G's summer jobs
::  Local Art Gallery Exhibits
::  Visits from old friends
::  Rose Wednesdays
::  Picking blackberries!
::  Reading in the garden
::  Playdates that last for hours and hours
::  Homemade popsicles
::  Harvesting garlic from our garden for the first time
::  Swim lessons
::  Booked our trip to Paris!
::  Lazy mornings with coffee & my guys
::  Sleeping in.  Yes, definitely, sleeping in.

The list could go on and on, but I'm feeling nostalgic this morning and lucky to have the life I have.  This blog serves me as a daily (or weekly) kind of meditation.  To capture a moment or two in my life and document it.  It's fine to share, but it's really for me.  To help me stay the course and keep navigating my life in a positive direction.  I had thoughts about discontinuing this blog and keeping things to myself, but that's simply not who I am.  I am an open-book-heart-on-my-sleeve-kind-of-gal and that's not going to change.  This feels good to jot a little something down and use it to remind me of all of the beauty and friendship I have around me.

What is beautiful in your world?

1 comment:

Amy said...

Nice Tammi... sounds perfect. Here are some pictures of the steps brian made...
http://homemadeblog.blogspot.com/2010/08/man-made.html

xoxoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...