Monday, June 6, 2011

Monday :: Link Love List

I missed a week of posting my Monday list, but I've been feeling a bit pensive lately about writing on this blog.  I may take it offline for the summer and continue writing for my own enjoyment privately.  I feel really exposed sharing here and not sure why I continue to do so.  Just a bit of soul searching that needs to be done, but until I get that squared away - here is my Monday Link Love List!

loving...the prints I purchased from Clare Elsaesser this past weekend

bottling...a few jars of this homemade caramel sauce to give as birthday presents later this week

discovering...the loveliest spice shop in Santa Rosa.  Can you say Italian Black Truffle Sea Salt?


planning...on planting plenty of nasturtiums this month, so that I can make this syrup for summer cocktails

cooking...this simple and flavorful radish side dish that paired perfectly with a 2009 Layer Cake Virgin Chardonnay from the Central Coast

hosting...my Babylon Book Club here last week where we discussed the disturbing cult classic The Dice Man by Luke Rhinehart.  I hope the food made up for the terrible book selection!

enjoying...all of the festivals, paloozas, potlucks and pancake breakfasts my town(s) have to offer

coveting...this fireplace (since it's still raining here - and it's June!)

ordering...this sweet journal for my little man to record his summer reads in

admiring...the freshly mowed grass on our one acre of property

picking...June blooms in my yard and just off of the roadside on my way into town

hearing...that my boy learned to roller skate over the weekend AND pick buckets of fresh strawberries with his Soul Sisters, Isabella & Sophia

watching...the farms get mowed and soil turned all over the hillsides in Valley Ford

researching...and reading how to make bread from this amazing book

overhearing...my son bury some insects that he "captured" and tell them "you've had a good life"

listening...to him mildly berate a "stupid beetle", too...hmmmm?

traveling...to Menlo Park for the Sunset Magazine Celebration Weekend with my good friend, Jill (this was my third year and it was awesome!)

reading...The Wisdom of the Radish by Lynda Hopkins

planting...radishes, lettuces, carrots and herbs (see a radish theme here?)

preparing...our summer wish list of things we want to do and places we want to go

counting...down the days until school is out and sleeping in is the new morning routine

Happy Monday out there.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...