Sunday, July 22, 2012

Lessons & Adventures

Soccer has started up and our son is totally into it.  Last year was his first time on a league team and he was fast, but mostly confused by the game.  This year he clearly understands what the game is about and is going for the ball and sporting his trademark long hair and running as fast as he can down the field.  It's a nice sight to see.
This summer has been pretty packed full of activities for the boy.  I usually don't over schedule our son, but I knew he would need to be busy or he would just sit in his room and read or play Legos.  All. Summer. Long.  So, I signed him up for summer academy, golf & tennis camps, swim lessons and a week long CYO camp in Occidental.

I also called a local birding legend, Don Toms, and asked if he could take Grady out for a few birding adventures in and around Bodega Bay.  They had two such outings last week and spotted terns, pelicans & 10 barn owls in one siting on Short Tail Gulch trail.  I love our community so very much and feel lucky to have this network of adults who really care about my kid and take the time to help broaden his view of this world.

The newly reopened Sebastopol library has been a godsend this summer.  It is new and improved with a wonderful children's literature and media section.  Last summer it was all about the books on tape, but this summer has been all about Lemony Snicket, the Geronimo Stilton series and the Percy Jackson series.  I'm also reading him the most gorgeous and magical book called Wildwood and I just love it when he begs me to keep reading just one more page?
Stephanie called yesterday and wanted to take the kids on a bike ride to Tomales.  The gang suited up and went out for a 2-1/2 hour ride that clocked them 14.5 miles all together.  I am so very proud of my little man and his godsisters.  They are such strong and amazing children.  And that Stephanie?  Well, you just can't say no to her infectious spirit and can-do attitude.  I'm so lucky she's in our lives.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...