Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Be Present 101


The day started with rain, then the sun poked through around noon and by 3:30 in the afternoon it reached 67 degrees. What? This was January, right? Well, we happened to be in Dillon Beach at the time visiting friends and the dunes were screaming our names! We grabbed some snacks from the General Store and literally ran as fast as we could towards low tide, found secret caves, met friendly dogs and caught a breathtaking sunset. Such an unexpected Wednesday afternoon and I'm so glad we seized the opportunity to bask in the glow of Sonoma Coast's setting sun.

I was initially hesitant to go and had a laundry list of things we needed to do once we got home but, clearly, those things could wait. There were more important things to do. Thank goodness I took my son's advice and just went to low tide "because we haven't done that in a long time mom and I miss the beach".

Be Present in this moment rang in my ears...and I was.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...