Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Garden Movie



Last night we watched this amazing documentary about a community garden in Los Angeles, aptly named The Garden.  Another movie that makes you stop, listen, think and hopefully stirs the pot enough to push you into a little activism in your own community.

I've just learned that a community garden is going in at G's school in Tomales.  Not sure how they will set up or divide the land, but I think it's a wonderful opportunity to bring people together.  There is something so basic and primal about touching the earth, planting a seed, watching it grow, harvesting it and then nourishing you or your family with that food.  It feels empowering, while at the same time making you feel like a small piece in the puzzle of humanity.

I'm planning my Spring garden.  Won't you join me?  Just plant something.  Anything.  If I can do it.  You can do it.  I sound like Nike!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...