Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fool's Day Performance

Look at this dapper young man!  He posed for me with such a different look.  I did mention he's getting older, but c'mon.  He looks like he's posing for a J.Crew catalog.  I scored this sweet jacket at the PTA clothing swap (for free!) and had it dry cleaned.  When I brought it home from the dry cleaners my son was ecstatic.  He proclaimed that he wanted to wear it for his pre-formance (I can't correct him, as it sounds too cute).  On the big day, he popped out of bed and picked out his entire outfit all the way down to the plaid sneakers and sparkly xmas socks.  No hat needed.  Just his choices.  Okay then.
The real surprise for us was that he had a harmonica solo and never told us about it.  When they called him up and he did his thing, we were a little shocked.  
This was why he wanted a fancy jacket.  He knew he would be performing for the masses and he wanted to look extra nice.  It was hard to hear his "solo", but my face hurt from smiling after the pre-formance.  He was SO proud of himself and loved that he kept this a secret from us.  Should I be worried?  I think so.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...