Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Rainbows & Fairies

This was the scene after G's first Little League game of the season.  Rain.  Hail.  Sunshine.  Rain.  More Rain.  Sunshine.  Double Rainbow.

No pictures from the game, but my little New York Yankee hit every pitch and got an out at third base for his team.  He is digging baseball and his father seems happy about that.  It was a rough start and G didn't want to go to practice and was a bit intimidated by the ball coming at his face (or leg, or arm, or anywhere in the vicinity of him), but he quickly got over that and loves going to practice and having his dad as the assistant coach.

It's hard for me to think of him as almost seven years old.  There is a definite shift in attitude, independence and how he spends his free time (mostly with stacks of books sitting by his side).  I'm looking forward to this baseball season and watching him grow up a little bit more right before my eyes.

Tonight also marked the special childhood right of passage:  First loose tooth!  Oh, the excitement.  The unknown.  The mystery of not knowing when he might lose his first tooth.  He smiled with his full set of teeth for me.  I needed to document all of the pearly whites before one goes missing.  Oh, the sadness for a mom.

I woke him up the next morning and he was smiling in his sleep.  The first thing he asked me was "Do you want to wiggle my tooth?".  Um, not really - but I did.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...