Saturday, March 20, 2010

Vernal Equinox Shearing

My kid has had March 20th highlighted on his calendar for months (in hot pink, of course).  The first day of Spring equaled shearing my child like a sheep.  Yep, you heard me right.  My son wanted his hair shaved for the first day of Spring.  Okey.  Dokey.  His last haircut was the day before school started in August, so he was definitely due.  However, I had grown to love his new hairdo and especially the way he changed his part from left to right about six weeks ago.  I loved the way he would sweep his bangs out of his eyes and shake his head just-so.  Ah, yes, but it was time.

We spent most of the first day of Spring out and about.  As the evening approached and we were headed out to a community fundraiser, my sweet boy reminded me of the day's work still undone.  Mom, you need to cut my hair today.  Hmmm.  We were running late, but a promise is a promise.  Okay then, strip down to your undies and grab a sheet son - we've got work to do on that head of hair (and for the record:  you are your father's son!).  
First things first.  We must bribe child with a cookie so that we can take copious amount of blackmail photos. Check.
End result was a totally different kid.  He came inside and took a shower.  Picked his own outfit, which included a collared shirt and tie.  C'mon.  How cute is that?   He even had me call the neighbors and ask if he could run down and show them his new look.

He told me he felt "new" and liked his new look.  I still was mourning the old look, but quickly got over it.  I love this kid and how he approaches life.  He shed the last six months' worth of hair and was ready to dive into being seven next month.  If he's ready....I better get ready.

You look good, G, you look good.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...