Wednesday, March 3, 2010

March Books

Today's trip to the Marin Mobile Library was a highlight to my week.  I've finished a few books these last few months (The Road by Cormac McCarthy, Righteous Porkchop by Nicolette Hahn Niman, The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb, The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin, Committed by Elizabeth Gilbert) and I'm ready to dig in to this new stack that will sit on my bedside table just waiting to be read.

By the looks of this stack, I see cooking and gardening in my immediate future.  I've downloaded Molly Wizenberg's podcast Spilled Milk on NPR and after listening to her describe the braising of green onions (yes, really!), I had to check out the cookbook she was referencing All About Braising by Molly Stevens.

So the last few weeks without cable television has renewed my interest in the written word.  It was no wonder I didn't read much before, as I spent a vast majority of my evenings parked on the couch mindlessly watching some so-called reality show.  This new reality is refreshing.  The house is so calm.  I'm eager to read in the morning before I get out of bed and look forward to the few hours of reading after dinner and the dishes are done.

What are you reading?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...