Thursday, June 10, 2010

My Little 'Ole Self

I've been having a hard time coming back to write on this blog over the last few months.  I've tried to post pictures and little notes that I want to remember, but I'm really uninspired and a little sick of myself.  I read a lot of blogs that inspire me and have spurred all sorts of experiments in terms of reading, cooking, travel and being a mom.  I thought perhaps I'd take a break from sharing my hum-drum daily life, but something keeps nagging me to continue.  The risk of typing up the littlest of things that happen in my life is that it could be fodder for others and putting myself out there feels a little scary.  However, what's done is done, so now what?

I think I'm going to try to post one image a day throughout this Summer and add a line or two if I feel like it.  No pressure.  Taking the Summer off, so to speak.  Perhaps I will feel recharged as I approach my 40th year on this earth.

Summer vacation is here.  No early morning wake up calls.  No making lunch at 7 am in the morning.  No rushing to meet the bus.  No structured homework time.  Nightly bath time is now optional.  The plastic pool will need to be hosed off and filled.  The garden will beckon us early before the heat of the day is upon us.  The BBQ will take center stage.  The farmers' markets will become our grocery store of choice.  Afternoon cocktails will help us end the day.  Flip flops will rest by our front door until the first rain greets us in late Fall.

Welcome Summer vacation.  I'm so glad you're here.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hey dear, if it helps... you inspire me! To take a second look at our (poor struggling) garden (it's only our fifth day of sun since April), grab a nice rose, and to get outside! Nice reminders to approach the days thoughtfully... thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...