Sunday, August 14, 2011

Summer :: Day #67

Hi, my name is Tammi and I'm a blackberry-aholic.
It's been 90 minutes since my last blackberry foraging.
Wait...
I might be confusing two different organizations.
Anywho, I've got berry fever.
I have an impending 10 day road trip ahead of me.
And I need to collect as many berries as possible before I leave, so that I can freeze them to make jam this year.
Sound extreme?
Only if you've never had the chance to pick warm, sweet blackberries straight from their thorny vines.
Just as I was typing this post, I received a home delivery of already frozen blackberries from my dear, dear friend.
At least somebody understands me.
And that somebody is getting a pretty little jar of jam just as soon as I make it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We hit your "Honey Hole" this morning in Occidental. Give them one more week to ripen and pick away.

Amy said...

I hear ya babe... berry picking in PDX has a certain joyous urgency to it... the panic... did we miss marionberries? when is blueberry valley open? Shoot, got me, I have to go check if peaches are open yet. Sigh. I'm addicted.

Tammi said...

@ Sissy - I hope you're making something good!

@ Amy - I liken my berry picking insanity to when I hunted for seaglass at low tide. Nature waits for no one, right? It forces you to get out there. I went picking again last night as the sun was setting. Gorgeous. My freezer is full and now I'm packing for my road trip to Seattle with 3 kids. Yikes!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...