Tuesday, April 24, 2012

hello, goodbye

This blog has been a place I visit at least once a week to record my life, our life.  It has been a place to jot down the miscellany that I don't want to forget and help me to remember the fabric of our days for the last five years.  It's never been easy for me to do this.  I have had to force myself to edit photos and reach for words that are always just beyond my grasp. I have grappled with technology all along the way.  Slow internet speed, lack of photo editing tools and figuring the ins and outs of blog formatting have all proved challenging.

I'm approaching my 500th blog post.  This blog was a place I started coming to record silly happenings in our lives.  It then became a place to share what I was interested in at the very moment I was interested in it (thrifting, beach combing, cooking and books).  I developed a love of capturing nature and my life through the lens of a camera.  I began to see the world differently and my place in it.

After the sale of my business, this blog helped me transition from being around hundreds of people a week to being with my husband and son, a flock of chickens and my thoughts.  It sounds silly to say that this blog saved me but, in a way, it did.  I tethered myself to this web address and tried to look at the beauty in my life and focus on it, with my words or with the lens of my camera.

And you know what?  It worked.  This silly little blog helped me see all that my life was and it helped me to make better choices, seek out new adventures and document my little boy as he navigated his way from his little farm preschool to public school.  It has helped me to view my life with reverence and appreciation for all that I have.

The blogging world is really open and is a sort of community in and of itself.  I have found so much inspiration and formed bonds with people I have never even met and deepened bonds with friends I might have otherwise lost contact with.  I log on every morning and read blogs about motherhood, cooking and art.  I grab the positive and start my day off inspired.

And now, I'm ready to take this little blog and tuck it away.  It has served me well all these years and I'm more than ready to release my self-imposed assignment of sharing in this space.

Hello, goodbye.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Awww, I"ll miss your stories and beautiful pictures! Be well friend!

Jen said...

Tammi,

I have SO loved your blog. I have enjoyed reading your
poetic words and seeing your amazing photos. Thank you for
sharing your stories. I enjoyed reading about your family.
Thanks for always inspiring me!
Will miss this part of you my friend!

Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...