Thursday, January 23, 2014

write. a doe bay workshop

I signed up for this writing workshop.  I thought about it for two whole days and nights and then realized if I didn't sign up and pay for it, I would miss out.  I must have just made the cut-off because seconds later I saw a post that it was sold out.  I'm lucky #25.

I mentioned the workshop to my husband in passing to see what he had to say (which wasn't much), but couldn't stop thinking about the opportunity and chance to get away from my day-to-day and converge with fellow like-minded souls on the magical Orcas Island in the San Juans.

I came clean with Steve on our way home from Southern California.  The safety of a long stretch of road and not having to look him in the eye is what helped the words spill out of my mouth.

He had questions, but he supported me 100%.  He's good like that.

Writing in this space has been hard to do since I signed up.  I'm not exactly sure why.  I need to press on and carve a little time out each day to jot down my ideas and dissect my past.  I have a lot of curiosity about the writing process and a heck of a lot of fear about digging deeper and discovering what makes me tick.

I just finished Claire Bidwell Smith's The Rules of Inheritance and Kelle Hampton's Bloom.  Both women are teaching at this workshop, along with one of my favorite bloggers, Nici Holt Cline, and talented musician/artist, Daniel Blue.

Nervous.

Excited.

Reflective.

Ready.

Now all I gotta do is…

Write.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...