Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween: The Many Faces of Bolt







I've been so sick since I returned from Paris.  I missed my sweet boy's Halloween parade at school and it broke my heart when he cried out that it wasn't the same when I wasn't there.  Ouch.  I did rest up over the weekend and took him out for a few hours through Valley Ford and Bodega Bay.  People are so nice to my kid.  Everyone was happy to see him, loaded him up with candy and praise for his home-styled costume.

He floated from businesses, to friends' homes and on to the grand finale at the fire station (where he received a Payday bar and a $2 bill).  I was exhausted by the end of all of this and handed him off to his father when we got home.  From there, he went to Tomales to trick-or-treat around the neighborhood with a gang of kids from his school.  It was loud, fun & the Halloween adrenaline was pumping.

Bolt got around this Halloween.  He was very proud of his candy haul and filled two big pyrex bowls with the sugary loot.  He was most pleased with the $2 bill and quickly set out to find the perfect hiding spot for it.

Now, we wait for the Candy Fairie to arrive in a couple of days...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...