Thursday, November 25, 2010

Giving Thanks

This year we drove down to Southern California and visited with friends and family for the entire week of Thanksgiving.  We went camping near the 91 Freeway and were happily surprised by the beauty that was right under our noses and never noticed on our travels to and fro.  Here are just a few things I am thankful for this year:
 ::  Romeo, my dog-in-law in Alta Loma
 ::  My child's ability to draw and create art in the most unlikely of places
 ::  Watching three Hecht men make cookies
 ::  For my son who rallied after all the running, doing, going, seeing, visiting and schlepping that a trip like this required
 ::  For the 3 little boys that I love so much
 ::  Camping with the Christiansens & all of their gear
 ::  Definitely for deep-fried turkey
 ::  Having the men folk around to carve the bird
 ::  Kacy for organizing our menu and Alex & Ferge for doing all of the dishes
 ::  Late-night fireside chats with my best friend
 ::  Enjoying the natural world with our favorite people
 ::  Being together as a family (even with half of Steve's head missing in this picture!)
::  The gaggle of little boys with their bamboo swords, of course

A holiday to definitely remember.  I am grateful, thankful and ready for the coming season.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...