Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Color of the Day: Green

As I looked at my list of errands today, I realized that quite a few of them could be considered "green".  Now I know that term is overused, but it fit my mood today.  I was returning all of our wire hangers to the organic dry cleaner and dropping off used plastic bread bags, dead batteries and wine corks to the receptacles in front of Whole Foods.  I also made my weekly pilgrimage to the thrift store for no reason in particular, other than my car veers off in that direction if I happen to pass by it.  You must understand.  I also hit the Legacy craft thrift store for jars of glitter to make homemade snow globes and yards upon yards of donated ribbon.  Prior to any of this happening, I walked out of my office door where I work in rural Sebastopol and was taken aback by all of the natural green beauty that surrounded me.  This is the green that truly inspired me today.
Surfaces are covered with blankets of lush and velvety moss.
 The citrus fruit are taking their sweet time ripening on the branches.
The lichen are abundant on all of the old trees that line my drive up the lane to work.
This carpet of moss is slowly creeping up a massive tree trunk and I have a weird inclination to run my hands across it.  Kind of like when I shave Grady's head every year!
The ferns are so in their element today.  It hasn't stopped raining today.  Not even for a minute.
The paint store was my last stop and I was collecting numerous paint samples to upcycle into gift tags.  As penance for my stack of free samples, I will definitely be back to buy some new low-VOC paint for future home projects that are on the horizon in 2011.

What was Oscar the Grouch talking about?  It is easy being green.  Especially if you live in Sonoma County.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...