Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Alameda Flea Market :: April

Spent this past Sunday at the Alameda Flea Market with a like-minded, vintage-loving friend.  What a lovely day to do so!  I wasn't really looking for anything in particular (but that's always besides the point, right?) and found myself perpetually drawn to this pretty hue of blue, as I perused the never-ending aisles for vintage goodness.
This Dodge van was the coolest of the cool and almost spells Dodgers.  Hmm.  That's strange.
I need more vintage luggage like I need a hole in my head, but it doesn't hurt to snap a photo of the set that got away.
Again, no place to put this globe, but I've always wanted a globe.  Childhood fantasy just waiting to be realized.
This worn baby carriage was home to a sad looking teddy bear.
These storage lockers were awesome.  I thought they would look great in my laundry room to hold cleaning supplies, brooms, mops and the like.
This blue was waiting for me at home.  Grady was fully decked out for the opening series with the L.A. Dodgers & San Francisco Giants.  He spent time with our octogenarian neighbors watching the opening game and learning the fine art of a little good-natured sports-related ribbing.
The sky must have inspired me today.  Spring has sprung around here and trees are in bloom all over Sonoma County.
All of these vintage treasures were a treat for the eyes.  This hat box was also beautifully lined on the inside, but I already have a few hat boxes.  None this cute though.

I walked away with a basket that can be used for holding my future bounty of apples to be plucked from the property where I work and a little beaker with blue numbers on it to hold a flower stem or two.  No photos!  Sorry.

What did you thrift this weekend?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...