Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Now.

The weeks are flying by and I've wanted to come here and write in this space, but I can't seem to sit down and do it on a regular basis.  I guess that's what summer is for, right?  Getting out there, soaking up all that life has to offer.

I love to make a list and so here are a few of our moments that are happening right now, so I don't forget how wonderful and full our right now is.

Our bi-weekly sojourn to the Marin Mobile Library in Tomales
Grady, 11 years
Attending :: A weeklong day camp where he will canoe, shoot a bow & arrow, learn new games, braid friendship bracelets and share space & stories with new friends.

Reading :: Harry Potter 6 & 7, again (oh! and now 3 is back in rotation!).

Practicing :: With his new soccer team at Ragle Park.  Our new routine will be soccer every Saturday.

Pontificating :: I like new shoe smell, don't you?  This statement upon receiving new "cool" shoes from his grandma Gigi.

Helping :: His dad water our small orchard and trim trees.

Learning :: How to drop in from his camp counselor, Zeph, at our local skate park mid-week.

Seeing :: His book list recommendations published & shared on the Mamalode.com website this week.

Dropping :: In for the first time at the skate park!  You were so proud when you came home.  And sweaty.  This was your first time doing it and you were beaming when you walked through the door Sunday night.
Manhattans :: My New Love
Us (Me + Steve)
Dating :: We enjoyed an incredible kid-free meal at one of our local restaurants, Terrapin Creek.  Every time we eat here, we say we need to do this more often.

Nightcapping :: We had the best Manhattans this week at Rocker Oysterfellers and are now on the hunt for the perfect dried sour cherries, so that we can make them at home.

Playing :: At the annual bocce tournament put on by Steve's clients was this weekend.  I did want to get on record that I beat Team Father & Son.  Beginner's luck.

Wild Fennel

Me
Reading :: I finished two books this week - Glitter and Glue by Kelly Corrigan & The Map of Enough by Molly Caro May

Watching :: The most fascinating documentary film My Life as a Turkey and Season 2 of House of Cards.

Foraging :: Wild fennel in full bloom on the roadsides by the armful for simple, stunning arrangements.  They drop seeds, so the bouquets are on my outside tables.  I can see them from my living room and they are so lovely.

Serving :: Jury Duty called this week, but I was dismissed.  There was quite a commotion with the protestors and news crews present for the DA's decision on the Andy Lopez case.  We were safely locked in a courtroom at one point, as the protestors raged outside the courthouse.

Lounging :: I have completely become one with my hammock this week.  Reading and pondering life while cocooned by the braided ropes lowered my blood pressure this week.

Creating :: I worked on several illustrations to accompany the beautiful words of poet Annie Flavin and popped them in the mail to her.

Soaking :: Up all the beautiful imagery from Matt Kish's gorgeous book Moby-Dick in Pictures.  552 pages of illustrations, collages and paintings.  I would love to crawl inside his artistic mind for a day! What an inspiration.

Enjoying :: The solitude of my home right now.  Birds chirping, bees buzzing and windows wide open until late in the evening.  We heard and spotted our first owl this summer.

What are you doing right now?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...