Monday, July 11, 2011

Monday :: Link Love List

Gate just outside of Bodega Pastures Preschool
Well, this is the time I sit down with my Moomin coffee cup and look through my favorite bookmarks from the last week, a small pile of notes sitting on the corner of my desk and glance at my One Line a Day journal.  It's a start to the week that I enjoy and it gives me a small satisfaction to pause and share what has been going on with us or what I'm looking at this week.  I hope you enjoy it, too.

I've received several words of encouragement about my photos and blogging lately and it's a little bit embarrassing (to tell the truth), but I am pushing on and trying not to focus on all of that.  I think it's kind that people take a moment to check in on my/our lives and feel grateful to have a forum in which to share our days with them.  Thank you friends.

And now on to the Monday :: Link Love List...

reading...the last chapter of Harry Potter & The Sorcerer's Stone to Grady just this morning. I'm so glad we waited to read this together once school was out.  Fantastic!

picking...up our first CSA of the season from Canvas Ranch.

scoring...a vintage (1995!) Ling Chang 11x14 calendar from the Hospice Thirft Store for $1.  The dates will work for next year's 2012 calendar year, too.  Gorgeous floral drawings.

watching...Steve and Grady work on the second phase of the treehouse project.  Photos and a blog post soon to follow.

loving...this simple hand-printed gift wrap!  I just finished reading Print Workshop by Christine Schmidt and gathered further inspiration for making our own stamps and labels.

attending...an artist reception at Quicksilver Mine Co. in Forestville to support Grady's wonderfully talented art teacher, Kai Samuels-Davis.  It was a collective of artists, all featuring works that were no larger than 12" x 12" x 12" and called "Boxed In: A Small Works Show".  This show is running through August 14th.

wanting...to compose a list like this one for summer, but I think she's covered it all!

tending...my neighbor's garden this past week and harvesting all of her hard work.  Thank you Beula (did you know Tom Waits mentions my neighbor Beula's porch in this song?  Yes, Mr. Waits lives just over the hill behind us in Valley Ford and Beula's grandchildren think this is oh, so cool).

driving...to and from swim practice every. single. day.


Happy Monday.  What are you loving?  Feel free to comment at the bottom of this post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loving...your blog. It gives me ideas and inspiration! Love you friend!
Love,
Stacy Renee

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...