Saturday, July 23, 2011

Summer :: Day #45

A grey July day at Doran Beach w/ Jenni
Hill-Davis Clan w/ Pop-up Grady in the back
Saying our goodbyes on the front porch
No shoes required at the beach
My childhood friend drove up with her girls and her mother for a quick trip.  We ate meals together, laughed, went to the beach to look for the elusive sea glass, thrifted for vintage graphic t-shirts, drank a little vino and watched a little "chicken t.v." in our garden.  It was a treat to cook for the gang and share a little bit of our daily lives with them.  

Is there anything nicer than a lifelong friend?  Seeing our kids play together and get along so well made my heart swell.  No conflict or harsh words.  Just sweetness, excitement and the gift of watching their friendships morph and unfold over the years.

Thanks for making the trip Jenni.  You made my summer.

1 comment:

Jen Davis said...

Tammi,

Just got back home from my 1 month tour of Cali! My mom, the girls and I had a blast. Thank you for being such a great host. You are a wonderful cook! Thanks for making our summer vacation so sweet!

Love,Jenni

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...