Sunday, October 18, 2009

Run Like A Girl

This weekend was the Nike Women's Marathon in San Francisco (or half marathon, if you're me and my friends). My BFF and her posse of gal pals flew up from Southern California and I met up with them for a little pre-race champagne at the Bubble Lounge and late-night dancing at Harry Denton's Starlight Room well into the wee hours of the morning. We rounded it out by staying in bed until noon on Saturday. Okay, NOW we're ready to walk 13.1 miles!

Communing with 20,000+ people is always an energizing experience. All of the women walking/running in our group were excited for the event and it was especially momentous for me to do this with my best friend, Kacy. We've been involved with the Avon Walks for Breast Cancer and the Susan G. Komen 3-Day Walks, but never participated in an event at the same time. We walked, talked, jogged and crossed the finish line holding hands.


Oh, and we posed for a few photos along the way. We completed 13.1 miles in approximately 3 hours and 40 minutes. No world records were set, but it was an absolute honor and privilege to walk-the-walk with my oldest and dearest friend. Grady and Steve were at the finish line rooting us on and it brought tears to my eyes to see G on top of his dad's shoulders flashing me the peace sign with his fingers! We said our good-byes and hobbled home to rest our bodies...until next year.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...