Monday, October 12, 2009

Singing in the Rain!

:: Rain coat & slicker boots dusted off. Check.

:: Elmer Fudd hat purchased. Check.

:: Winter garden planted. Check.

:: Tomatoes ripening on the window sill. Check.

:: Eggs gathered. Check.

:: Summer. A very recent, happy memory. Check.

Yep. Our first big storm of the season is rolling in and I feel almost giddy about it. I just love inclement weather. I think I would have been a really good storm chaser (ha!). Everyone is talking about when it will hit, where it will hit, how much rain we'll get, if we will flood (since we always seem to flood on Highway One). A good storm always makes me want to cook, put on my fuzzy socks, curl up with a good book and a warm throw blanket, take a hot bath, drink a glass of yummy red wine, use my crock pot, light some candles, bake cookies...I could go on and on. Oh, I think I just did. Well, anyhoo, enjoy your first storm if and when it hits your neck of the woods. I know I will. Hell, the power might even go out! That will really make my day! I know, I need to get out more.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...