Thursday, November 26, 2009

Gobble Day




:: Perfectly BBQ'd Turkey courtesy of Kevin


::  Gorgeously latticed cherry pie homemade by John


::  Nature Tableau


::  Childhood Stuffing reincarnated by Mom


::  Secret Recipe Cranberries a la Grady & Steve

We had the most lovely of Thanksgivings.  After all the fits and starts leading up to the big day, it turned out to be a very mellow and stress-free occasion.  Everyone pitched in and contributed their specialties and I practiced the art of letting go.  I was the table-setter, dish-washer, photo-taker and drink-pourer AND I was pleased as punch to assist.  It struck me how often I hustle and bustle about without taking the time to enjoy the process.  Not today.  I loved every minute leading up to the grand dinner finale.

I was reminded how grateful I am for my family, my health and my home.  I am also grateful for my ability to take it all in and be present on this day to truly enjoy all that I have in my life.

Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...