Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

I started this new year with a four hour yoga workshop at Yoga Bodega, along with a few of my good friends.  This is the third year in a row that I've started the new year this way and it's always a grounding experience.

We are asked to write an intention for the coming year on an index card and slip it under our yoga mat.  This is a really symbolic practice and it is a lasting impression from this first day of the year to carry with me .  I wrote about last year's intention here.  This year, I had a little trouble focusing and picking my intention.  I finally figured it out and hope to create balance in this coming year.  I look forward to trimming some social affairs from my calendar to spend more time with my family, passing the baton for some of the volunteer work I do in the community and finding a creative outlet for my interests in photography, design, writing and homemaking.

Balance.  Not my strong suit, but I'm up for the challenge.

This has been a fun year of documenting our life on the Sonoma Coast.  My love of nature, people, community, travel, art, food, wine and creating a home with my family has filled me up.

Happy New Year to you and yours and thank you for reading my little blog, leaving comments and contacting me outside of this blog via U.S. mail with little gifts and notes!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...