Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Back to Reality

Today is the first day of first grade at Tomales Elementary School. We thoroughly enjoyed our Summer. We set out with the attitude "let's have an adventure every day". I started out my Summer postings with the idea that I would post a picture-a-day from said adventures. At first I didn't write anything and only posted photos, but I think I may go back and add a few tidbits as time allows. I started getting wordy at the end of the Summer and wanted to share more from our lives, so that's where the wordiness resumed.

I actually couldn't sleep the night before school started. I was thinking of all that we had done, all that was to come this year as Grady joined the ranks of first graders and my new position as PTA President, and just savoring the last few hours before reality set in and the responsibility of schedules and early alarm clocks rocked my world!

G laid out his outfit (as pictured above) and it made me smile. He said he wanted his new teacher to really know that he loved dogs and he felt this outfit would best get that point across. Isn't that great? Kind of like a little heads-up to who my kid is: Dog and Animal Lover; Giggler; Happy Boy; Ice Cream Aficionado; Lover of Fashionable Socks and Eager Student.

We took a picture to mark this lovely occasion and he sauntered onto the playground for mixed play with the 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade class before school started. He is SO ready for 1st Grade and I was finally on the same page. Summer exceeded my expectations and it was my first Summer off since I was 15 years old. I'll help you with the math: almost 24 years of working during the lazy days of Summer. I am so grateful for the opportunity to stop, soak it up, document it, live it, roam the Pacific Northwest, socialize with friends and family and live to tell about it! Until next Summer...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...