Friday, August 28, 2009

Dillon Beach

My sister and her girls arrived on the evening of the first day of school. It was the only time we could make it happen all summer long and we decided to make the best of it, even though summer was officially over for our household. We packed in a lot of fun with Madison's 8th birthday party, a trip to Dillon Beach for family photos and lots of time in the big inflatable pool where you could cool off and eat ice cream. The kids had so many options for fun.

Madison requested ice cream sundaes for her birthday "non-cake" and they piled on the accouterments-a-la-Grandma: i.e., chocolate, chocolate chips, whipped cream puffed up oh so high. Yes indeed. Definitely a birthday party.

I love this picture of the girls. It reminds me of me and my sister when we were their age...over 31 years ago.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...