Monday, August 17, 2009

Summer: Day #66

This is a pile of clothes that my little man has grown out of. We cleaned closets and drawers today and decided he needed a few new things for school. I've been compiling a stack of thrift store finds for the last six months, so he already had a leather bomber jacket, new cowboy boots, button-down shirts and some fun t-shirts. However, this boy can blow out the knees in a pair of jeans in no time flat. We went to Sears to buy him a few pairs of "Toughskins" (remember those?). They are guaranteed tough or they will replace them. We also picked up long-sleeve shirts and the requisite socks, as my guy is a big fan of playful designs on his cute little feet. I did shy away from encouraging his fascination with pink, but only because I don't want him to get teased. Besides, you don't find many pink offerings in the boys sock department.

He loved shopping for his new school clothes and told anyone that would listen that he was going into first grade. He also asked what the date was and if we could go school shopping every August 17th. Of course we can.
One of the house projects this Summer was to re-enforce G's bed and give it a new paint job. G wanted his bed painted pink and, gee, we didn't have that color on hand - so Fire Engine Red it was. It took many, many coats and my husband has vowed never again to use red - but it looks so great! My mom found my old bed sheets and the above pillow case shows the design. I can't believe she still had them. His room looks great and now he wants the walls painted....you guessed it - PINK!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...