Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Summer: Day #53

We went to the Sonoma County Landfill last week and visited the area known as "RecycleTown". Lots of used bikes, chairs, tables, doors, window frames and your basic junkyard goodies. However, I spotted in the back corner of the building a typewriter case that was slightly ajar. This former legal secretary knowns a Smith-Corona typewriter when she spots one and the pretty blue model peeked out from the case. It was in excellent condition and for $5...we just had to have it. However, I had zero cash on me and they didn't take checks. We were also leaving for our trip to Southern California and couldn't come back the next day. Well, my mom saved the day and gladly returned to RecycleTown and purchased this beautiful relic for Grady to practice his spelling and storytelling with. It takes so little to make my kid happy.


In the above pictured mumbo-jumbo is the sentence "Kevin George Salas Is A Girl". Grady's first insulting sentence aimed at his menacing Uncle Kevin. Too damned funny.

1 comment:

The Hip Homemaker said...

great find! I wish our dump had something like that. Think of the treasures I would find...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...