Sunday, March 1, 2015

I'm a Believer


{This series was inspired by my son's sixth grade english assignment 
of writing for six minutes, without edits or overthinking it.
I'll be posting daily quick writes for the month of March.}

Mornings are my new favorite.  The house is quiet.  The world seems still.  My thoughts are slowly forming and making a plan for the day.  The sun rising across the valley floor somehow always delights me.  Every morning it's a different sunrise and a beautiful reminder that today can be a different day, too.

I shared in my last post that I've put drinking on hold.  I'm trying to form new, healthier habits like drinking tea, juicing an obscene amount of vegetables and exercising.  I'm 27 days in and feeling really positive and energized by these conscious choices.

The byproduct of my actions has been a feeling of safety.  Meaning, I feel safe to feel and think all of the things that are going through my mind right now.  I'm not wanting to tune out or retreat with a drink at the end of the night, so that I don't have to concentrate on the hard stuff.

I also have the best of friends and feel really supported by those I've shared my struggles with.  I'm not attending AA meetings or anything like that.  I don't think it's to that level, but I do think that I am not mindful when I drink.  Not at all and so I need this break to contemplate my relationship with alcohol.

I woke up this morning and realized it's my half birthday.  I'm forty-four and a half years old today and it's about time I started believing in myself.  I'm not sure when that ability disappeared, but I'm here to reclaim it.

This song helped me start my Sunday and I hope you enjoy it, too.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...