Wednesday, March 11, 2015

my mind is packed


{This series was inspired by my son's sixth grade english assignment
 of writing for six minutes, without edits or overthinking it.  
I'll be posting daily quick writes for the month of March.}

These six-minute quick writes are supposed to be just that.  Quick.  Only six minutes out of my day and somehow I couldn't find the time to do this today.

Starting the day off by waking up late didn't help, but I tried to salvage this mishap with making a healthy juice for all of us and joining my girlfriends for a barre exercise class in Santa Rosa, 30 minutes northwest of my home, starting at 9:15 a.m.

The camaraderie of those ladies helped jolt me from my morning funk and I easily fell into the sadist exercise regime also known as barre class.

The rest of the day was filled with work, doctor's appointments, grocery shopping, a makeshift dinner, homework help and packing for my impending Big Sur trip.  Just normal, everyday life items to tick off my list today.  I felt productive.  I felt a wee bit rushed.  I felt anxious about leaving my family for four days.

After tucking my son in bed and kissing him goodnight, I settled into the couch with my husband to watch a movie.

I felt nervous about leaving.

I felt nervous about meeting up with my best friend.

I felt nervous about not drinking this weekend.

I felt all of it.

All. Of. It.

I went to bed making small talk with myself about my strength, my impending journey.  My newfound ability to do small things for myself that will help me heal and make better choices for my mind, body and family.

My bags are packed and, now, so is my mind

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...