Sunday, May 4, 2014

god's voice by annie flavin

I finally finished the artwork for Annie's poem.  There is purposely no title for this poem, but we have been referring to it as god's voice.

I used Reeves' lemon yellow watercolour on vintage Grumbacher Society Watercolor Sketchbook paper that I thrifted a while back.  It's thick and sturdy and absorbed the paint beautifully.

I ran into a few hiccups along the way with the typewriter I was using, but was able to improvise and play around with old catalog pages from Toast UK to test out my margins.  Their paper and images are dreamy.

I'm not sure which one I like more.

You decide.

1 comment:

Irene Turner said...

The first one...I love the sunny yellow. Using it in my new logo for my new branding...cheers to you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...