Thursday, February 18, 2010

Beer Making: 101

I had the opportunity to pop into The Beverage People store in Santa Rosa last week with a friend and peruse the aisles.  Anything and everything you would need to make beer, cheese & wine were in this store.  My friend gathered beer-making supplies and I wandered around taking pictures and gathering inspiration (cheesemaking is on my New Year's To-Do List).

This week my friend invited me over to watch her brew a batch of beer and I took copious notes.  She made it look super easy, but she's like that.  I looked at the recipe and it was daunting, but she told me where and why she improvised and it all made sense.

The ironic thing is that I've only had a handful of beers in my lifetime (less than five!).  I wouldn't know a good beer from a bad beer if it bonked me over the head.  However, my husband loves beer and I think we'll be attempting a home brew of our own in the very near future.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...