Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Lamb Season

The sheep are having their babies and sweet little lambs are bouncing all over the green hillsides in Sonoma & Marin County.  The above picture is from our neighbor's farm.  The lambs are a bit camera-shy, so this is the best shot I could get with my iPhone before they skittered up the hill.

G attended preschool for four years on a sheep ranch in Bodega.  The imagery of pastured sheep is so idyllic and seeing the lambs follow their mamas around takes me back to the first time I drove past all the sheep, lambs, donkeys, goats & one lone llama on the way to his first day of preschool.  Perhaps I'm the sheep in this scenario and G my little lamb?  Or maybe his teacher was the sheep?  Anyhow, you get my drift.  What a lovely community we were about to join and how much about motherhood I would learn.  That was just over five years ago.  My, oh my, how time flies.

1 comment:

Amy said...

oooo so cute, your ipolaroids are wonderful! I miss the country.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...