Saturday, February 27, 2010

Bodega Bay Cabaret: Beach ODDessy 2010

Well, the Bodega Bay Cabaret debuted this weekend for two sold-out shows at the Bodega Bay Grange.  It was a rip-roaring success and it felt wonderful to make so many people laugh and have fun.  What an absolute high after the show!


The husband took quite a few photos at dress rehearsal Friday night and filled in the rest at the first show Saturday night.  This was the brainchild of Michael & Diana Bundy and what enthusiastic and tireless leaders they were.  


Here is a link to see the show in a number of ways:


My act was to lip-sync Tammy Wynette's "Stand By Your Man" as Elin Woods.  There was a stand-in Tiger who took a few golf club jabs and lots of sarcastic looks.  Craig Collins, a local artisan furniture designer extraordinaire , was my good-natured Tiger stand-in and I actually hit him on the head for real with the golf club during the first performance.  Yikes!
I've never done anything like this, but with part of the proceeds of the event going towards the Bodega Bay Fireworks Fund (which I work to help raise funds for) - it was well worth the practices, wig shopping, hot pink blush & stage-fright.




This was another beautiful example of why I love living in a small town.  To know your audience, poke fun at each other, see and experience locals pitching in to make this small production happen on a miniscule budget.  Well, it filled me up in a way that I had yet to experience while living out here.  The entire community joined under one roof to just have a plain 'ole good time.   Life should be a cabaret!  I get it now.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...