Tuesday, February 23, 2010

February & Flip-Flops

What a difference a week makes.  Last week I was sporting flip flops and a tank top in 68 degree weather.  I was merely trying to enjoy the false Spring.  I knew it wouldn't last (it never does), but was crossing my fingers that it would last through the end of the month.  I'm glad I seized the opportunities to wander the beaches and visit local friends and businesses, as well as stopping to photograph all that was blooming around us.

This morning the rains have returned.  Instead of fighting it (because I really couldn't, right?), I brewed a pot of coffee and ate cherry pie for breakfast with my neighbor.  Stayed in my p.j.'s all day, read (moving from the couch, to the bed and back to the couch), did loads of laundry and settled in for a bowl of warm tomato soup and orange blossom tea for lunch.  Life is good.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...